welcome to multiple strands

a place to converse, virtually, on a variety of topics, bringing together multiple strands to encourage, question, challenge, ponder, and edify. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart. (Eccl. 4.12)

Sunday, November 25, 2012

inept fathers in popular children's literature

For some time I have had misgivings on a few stories we have for our children, namely the Berenstain Bears.  While I do not sit down to analyze and critique these stories, they struck me, independently of one another, as belittling of the father figure.  When I heard my children reading this story again, I did a quick search, and realized that I am not alone in my concern.  Consider this article.

Yep, the Berenstain Bears are a set of books that will be retired from our personal library.

No comments: