welcome to multiple strands

a place to converse, virtually, on a variety of topics, bringing together multiple strands to encourage, question, challenge, ponder, and edify. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart. (Eccl. 4.12)

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Back in the saddle again...

Hello world!

Here we are - to borrow a phrase - "back in the saddle again."  I am really sensing a need / desire / call to write.  The purpose is multi-faceted (hey, a good thing for MULTIPLE Strands, right?)

First, as a manner for me to journal non-personal information.  More and more I read articles, see news, etc. and need to comment.  I've tried Twitter; it works just fine.  However, the character limit is very constraining, and the concept of Twitter is for very quick, brief, sound-bite type publication.  I want to expound further than the 140 characters (or whatever it is).

Second, I want to publish for a broader audience.  I have no delusion of grandeur; I do not expect hundreds, much less thousands or millions of readers.  However, even publishing to a dozen people will fall in bounds of this blog.

Thirdly, it can serve as a self-discipline of writing and organizing thoughts - which is always a good thing.

Finally, this blog can serve as a record of past thoughts, and a way for me to find those tidbits of information I remember, but cannot put my finger upon in terms of reference.

So ... here goes.   back in the saddle again.

No comments: