welcome to multiple strands

a place to converse, virtually, on a variety of topics, bringing together multiple strands to encourage, question, challenge, ponder, and edify. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart. (Eccl. 4.12)

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pray strength for me, so I don't just talk about it, but also do it. (Ignatius)

Ignatius to the Romans, 3.2-4

Only pray for strength for me, both inward and outward, so that I do not just talk about it but I also want to do it, that I am not just called a Christian but I may also be found to be a Christian. For if I may be so found and I am able to be so called, and then to be faithful when I am not visible to the world.

Brannan, R. (Trans.). (2012). The Apostolic Fathers in English. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.

No comments: