welcome to multiple strands

a place to converse, virtually, on a variety of topics, bringing together multiple strands to encourage, question, challenge, ponder, and edify. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart. (Eccl. 4.12)

Sunday, January 18, 2015

God's jealousy for His glory, shared with His Son

Isaiah 48.11:
For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it,
for how should my name be profaned?
My glory I will not give to another.

God the Father is speaking.  He is jealous for His name (Ex. 20.7f) and His glory.  Consider that He does give His glory to another - His Son, who is co-equal with Him.  Same in essence, three persons. This is just one verse in the argument supporting our understanding of the Trinity.

Compare to passages such as (to name a few):
Jn 7.39
Jn 8.54
Jn 11.4
Jn 12.16
Jn 12.23
Jn 12.28
Jn 13.32
Jn 16.14
Jn 17.5

No comments: