welcome to multiple strands

a place to converse, virtually, on a variety of topics, bringing together multiple strands to encourage, question, challenge, ponder, and edify. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart. (Eccl. 4.12)

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Never met a true bishop (Basil)

All that I have that you can confiscate are these rags and a few books. Nor can you exile me, for wherever you send me, I shall be God's guest. As to tortures you should know that my body is already dead in Christ. And death would be a great boon to me, leading me sooner to God." Taken aback the prefect said that no one had ever spoken to him thus. Basil answered "Perhaps that is because you have never met a true bishop."

--------------------

Quoting St. Basil, one of the Cappadocian Fathers.

The Story of Christianity Vol 1., Justo Gonzalez

No comments: